When it comes to extracts and concentrates, the game is constantly changing with new product types being introduced at a rapid pace.
You’re probably already familiar with distillates, live resin terpenes, shatters, and other more common forms of concentrates, but have you heard of the extract called “terp sauce”?
If you’re not, then you’re in the right place. Scroll down to learn what terp sauce is, its benefits, and how to consume it.
What is Terp Sauce?
It’s hard to miss this grainy sauce among the hard wax and shatter. This concentrate features varying sizes of “diamond” or crystal clusters. The process of creating it separates the terpenes from the other components in the final product.
6 Things You Should Know About Terp Sauce
1. Terp sauce contains high amounts of terpenes
it is known for its high terpene content. This innovative concentrate can either be thick, thin, or gritty. Generally, however, it looks like a cluster of diamonds in a puddle of golden syrup.
Terp refers to the product’s high terpene content, while sauce refers to the syrup it contains. it retains the flower’s terpene profile better than any other type of extract, making it one of the most potent in the market.
2. Terp sauce is extracted by using solvents
Similar to live resin, terp sauce’s starting material is a flash-frozen flower. A solvent-based extraction technique is first employed to preserve the terpenes and release the resin in the flower. Manufacturers typically use hydrocarbons such as propane, butane, or a mix of both as a solvent.
After the initial extraction, a light purge is performed at relatively low temperatures to boil off any residual solvent from the mixture. The solution is then placed in a jar and kept in a cool, dry, and dark place for a few weeks for crystallization to occur.
Once the desired consistency is produced, a final purge is performed. Then, the crystals and sauce are recombined to reduce compound degradation. What is left is high-quality.
3. it is all about full flavor
it contains a substantial amount of terpenes compared to other traditional concentrates. This high terpene content delivers a rich, full flavor when the product is consumed. This is also why terp sauce’s technical name is “high terpene full spectrum extracts.”
4. Different variations of terp sauce exist
Many variations of terp sauce are sold in the market and this liquid terpene extract may be combined with an isolate or distillate. The common feature of products, however, is that they are terpene-rich concoctions containing higher-than-average terpene levels. For instance, a product may contain 30% flower, with the remaining 70% consisting of terpene extract.
5. it can be consumed in different ways.
You may be wondering about how to smoke terp sauce. There are numerous ways to enjoy this potent compound. Most users prefer dabbing and vaporizing as these methods highlight the product’s delightful flavor and are relatively easy on the throat and lungs.
With dabbing, you simply need a dab glass or silicone dab rig, which you can buy at most head shops. When performing this method, start small and gradually increase the dab size until you feel an adequate sensation while playing around with the temperature until you get a smooth draw.
As for vaporizing, you can use a tabletop vaporizer or vaporizing pen and cartridge. Start with a small amount of it and be wary of overheating your vaporizing device. Set the temperature control features at a low setting, then only increase them in small increments when you are not getting much vapor.
Vaporizing pens are also a discrete and convenient way to use your terp sauce while on the go. Just start with small dabs of when drawing on your pen. You can also buy vapor cartridges with terpene sauce blended with distillate. These full-spectrum extracts are excellent, and you don’t need much effort to consume them.
6. While it and live resin are easily confused, they’re not the same
The “terp sauce vs. live resin” topic often causes confusion as both concentrates tend to be full-spectrum extracts that contain high amounts of terpenes. However, these two are not the same.
Live resin products are waxy flower extracts with high terpene content. Their chemical content is generally dominant in cannabinoids.
On the other hand, it is a terpene extract you may combine with other cannabinoid-rich concentrates like distillate or isolate.
Terpene enthusiasts adore both products, and when choosing between the two, it ultimately boils down to what effects and profile you desire and at what concentrations you want to enjoy them.
Never at a Loss
New extracts are being introduced at a rapidly growing pace, and it is one new introduction that is gaining popularity. This concentrate gives out a desirable flavor and can be consumed in various ways.